Friday, June 8, 2012

Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies




So.  I love peanut butter.  That's no secret.  Whenever I give up chocolate for lent, peanut butter are my go to cookies.  But it's always nice for a change and today i changed it up with these supposedly healthy pb cookies.  And I must say, they were delish.  

I have been told they are only 36 calories per cookie, too.

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 Cup Peanut butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 TSP baking soda
1 egg

Mix the peanut butter and sugar first then add in the egg and baking soda. Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.

I baked them for 12 minutes because I have a weirdo oven.  Also, it doesn't make a lot.  Maybe 24 medium sized cookies.  Around 36 small.  Anyway, this recipe works.  Four ingredients.  Not too bad.


9 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    I found this recipe on Pinterest as well. I did the math and if you get 36 cookies out of it, that's 104 calories a cookie. Just saying in case others make this expecting a low cal cookie.

    They were, unfortunately, DELICIOUS.

    :)

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! A little off on the calories though. I doubled the batch and made 30 cookies and when adding up the calories they came out to about 150 per cookie! Mine were big though. If I made 48 they would still be 94 calories a cookie! And I used natural PB! The only reason I did the math was because I was going to take some to my friend on Weight Watchers but, well, maybe not. They are great for my toddler that needs to put on a few pounds though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they are good, but there's nothing healthy in a cup of sugar......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make these all the time, only mine do not use the soda. You don't need it. I would caution you not to use the cheaper oily peanut butters though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup way too salty with baking soda. In the fall I dip these cookies in baker's chocolate and chopped peanuts. Btw I saw this in an old Kraft magazine for the holidays.

      Delete
  5. You can also substitute 1 cup of sugar for 1/2 cup of sugar or raw honey. A while back I also saw a similar recipe using 1/4 cup raw honey and 1 ripe, peeled banana. Both are natural sweeteners. You could even add a tablespoon of cocoa powder. Love the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can you use baking powder instead of baking soda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Rachael for sharing this. I had been thinking to make these with my daughter. Ive had a craving for peanut butter cookies lately. I think I will get the ingredients tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete